RTÉ Radio Broadcast Service to be recorded at 10am (note time) on Sunday 22nd April. To be aired on the same day at 11.45 am.
Circuit Celebration, together with Rathgar Methodist Church and Dublin Korean Church, on 29th April at 11.30am (Note Time) followed by lunch. Estimated attendance: 150 people.
A very warm welcome to our website!
If you are planning a trip to Dublin, or live locally, these pages should help you discover who the Methodist Centenary Church are! However if there is anything else you would like to find out, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In Summer 2006 we moved to our church's new home in Wesley House. This is just beside the large church at the top of Leeson Park in Ranelagh, a 10 minute walk from St. Stephen's Green, South of Dublin's city centre. Services are at 10:30 every Sunday morning.
If you need directions have a look at the interactive Google Map below...
Our Postal Address is: Wesley House, Leeson Park, Dublin 6
- 14th, 21st and 28th Mar: Lenten Discussion Group continues at 7.30pm in Room 1, Wesley House
- Friday 30th March: Good Friday Service at 10.30am
- Sunday 1st April: Easter Sunday Service at 10.30am
- 18th March at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 18th March at 6.00pm - Service in St Patrick's Cathedral to mark St. Patrick's Day.
- 25th March at 10.30pm - Palm Sunday with Revd John Parkin
- 30th March at 10.30am - Good Friday Service with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 1st April at 10.30am - Holy Communion for Easter Sunday with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 8th April at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Beve Barbour and Don Black
- 15th April at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 22nd April at 10.00am (NOTE TIME) - RTÉ Radio Broadcast in Wesley House with Revd Andrew Dougherty. To be aired at 11.45am.
- 29th April at 11am (NOTE TIME) - Circuit Celebration in Methodist Centenary, followed by lunch
- 6th May at 10.30am - Service of Holy Communion with Rev Dr Julian Hamilton
- 13th May at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 20th May at 10.30am - Pentecost and Aldersgate Sunday with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 27th May at 10.30am - Trinity Sunday with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 3rd June at 10.30am - Service of Holy Communion with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 10th June at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
- 17th June at 10.30am - Conference Sunday with Beve Barbour and Don Black
- 24th June at 10.30am - Service of Worship with Revd Andrew Dougherty
"A Safe Stronghold" - NOW AVAILABLE
A Safe Stronghold... Instrumental music associated with great hymns. This CD is an edited live recording of the free admission charity concert given in September 2015 by Boon Beng Shu, Sayjin Park and Derek Seymour, members of the music ministry team here in Methodist Centenary Church. The programme notes in the CD reference the hymn numbers in Singing the Faith so the material may also be used as a devotional aid if listeners wish to follow the hymn book words as the music is playing.
Material on the disc references the traditional liturgy of the church such as Benedictus, Magnificat and The Lords Prayer. Reformation Hymns are represented by A safe Stronghold (Ein Feste Burg), the title track to the disc; Now thank we all our God (Nun Danket), and All people that on earth do dwell. We include four pieces based on Irish Tunes and two pieces drawn from the American revivalist movement.Two Eucharistic pieces are included with the piano arrangement of Faures Agnus Dei being particularly beautiful.
The styles of music on the disc range through Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Nationalistic, Jazz and Minimalist and display examples of the Organ and Piano repertoire linked thematically to the liturgical source material. The listener will enjoy this production on many levels, not least of which is its live recording made by our good friend Brian McIvor.
The CD is available for purchase at €10-00 per copy with discounts for multiple purchases. Contact Derek for your copy . Net proceeds of the CD go to church funds.
"Sunday by Sunday"
Derek Seymour has produced a CD memento of the Leeson Park church organ entitled "Sunday by Sunday". The CD costs €15 (plus p&p) with a portion of the proceeds going to the church youth fund.
The selection includes works by: M.C. Festing, D. Buxtehide, G.F. Handel, C.V. Stanford, P. Hindemith, G. Thalben-Ball, D. Seymour, J. Pachelbel, J.S. Bach, and S. Wesley.
For further information on the track listing or, if you are interested in purchasing a copy, please contact .
Jump over Google Map to Contact details
To contact the Minister please email:
Please see the Wesley House Bookings page for details about booking any of the facilities at Wesley House.
If you have any comments or queries about the website please contact: